Website Rules (MUST READ)
“Be Polite and Be Respectful”
General Forum Rules:
These rules apply to all Forum categories. Rules can change as needed.
- We take the “Be Polite & Be Respectful” rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
No cursing/swearing or any substitute/variation. Keep the language to PG to be family-friendly.
- You may not link, in any manner, to sites or images containing p*rnography, sexually explicit, gross violence, or are determined by moderators to be detrimental to the community.
- Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators’ enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to use our Suggestion Box Thread if you have any questions or concerns. (Example: “This forum is groupthink because the mods deleted my post”)
- Do not antagonize or bait other users. Whether you are sincere in your beliefs or not, if your posts consist solely of trolling others, you will be banned. (Example: “Are you a 5-year old child?”)
- Do not label other posters (Example: Lin-only fans, CF trolls, etc).
- Do not attempt to moderate the board or other posters yourself. Flag their post and we will deal with it. You only need to report one post – we will automatically review ALL of the persons posts to assess the situation. (Example: “Get out of here, troll”)
- No name calling. (Example: “McFail, KoME”)
- No personal insults. (Example: “You are a clueless fan who obviously has never watched basketball.”)
- No racial slurs of any kind
- No religious discussion, religious mocking or religious jokes in the game threads.There are off topic threads for this.
What happens if I break a rule ?
Depending on the severity of the infraction, a different course of action may be taken, but the usual practice is as follows :
Rule break (Minor offense) :
A PM may have been sent, no further action taken
– your post may be edited/corrected/censored by a moderator or deleted.
For a more serious offense, a warning will be issued, this is a mark against your name letting us know you have broken a rule
Rule break. (Major offense)
A PM warning, possible temporary ban, the length of which will depend on the severity of the incident – your post may be edited/corrected/censored by a moderator or deleted.
Continuous Rule breaking (Minor or Major)
After this it will be assumed you will not learn your lesson and are simple here to cause trouble so you will receive a permanent ban, meaning you will never be able to visit the forum again.
At anytime you may be banned temporarily or permanently and without warning this will be solely based on the moderators discretion.
Nov 11, 2014
Added text to Rule #4: “Do not antagonize or bait other users”.
Added examples to Rules 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Nov 4, 2014
The last part of Rule #1 has been replaced from “Keep it in general PG-13 low R ratings”
to ” No cursing/swearing or any substitute/variation. Keep the language to PG to be family-friendly.” The stricter rule is necessary due to wider audience of adults and children necessitating appropriate adjustment.
Upon violation, mods may delete with this comment “This comment was deleted due to Rule#1 violation. Please repost after proper adjustment. See http://www.jlinportal.com/website-rules-must-read/”