Post-Game1 Nets vs Celtics: “Not Enough Brook-Lin”
Brooklyn Nets lost the first game of the season against Boston Celtics 117-122. The bench made a huge run in the 4th quarter but it was not enough despite multiple opportunities to tie the game at 117-120.
- Jeremy Lin played well to finish with 18pts/3asts/3rebs (6-14 shooting, 2-5 from 3s and 4-5 FTs) but he did not have the ball much in his hands as the Celtics smartly trapped him so he needed to give up the ball in the motion offense.
- Brook Lopez was ineffective in the motion offense to finish with 7pts/5rebs (1-7 shooting, 1-2 from 3s, 4-4 FTs)
- There was only a glimpse of Brook and Lin pick-and-roll in the 4th quarter but it was not enough as Coach Atkinson chose to stick with the motion offense.
- Defense was once again the weakness as they allowed the Celtics wide-open shots and clear lanes to the rim.
- The bench made a huge run 16-2 in the 4th quarter but it was not enough as Coach Atkinson chose to stick with the bench.
It was hard to get a takeaway from this game as the Nets bench looked in complete disarray but they showed guts to make a run. Coach Atkinson still tried to ride the hot hands by the bench but he should put more emphasis in running plays for Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin as they are his two best players.