Jeremy Lin 30 Games Stats Reflection
Recently, Jeremy Lin has played more minutes in the month of December 2015 with better performance than in November 2015.
JLin has improved his playing time from 22 min to 30.1 min while increasing his point production from 9.9 to 13.8
His shooting has also improved from 42.5% to 45.1% FG, especially his 3point shooting accuracy from 27.3% to 36.1%. This is closer to his last 2 season’s 3FG% (35.8% in HOU and 36.9% in LAL)
His assist, rebound and block also increased along with the more minutes that Coach Clifford gave him.
What does this mean?
Obviously, Jeremy Lin shooting has improved to his normal percentage after experiencing a bit of a shooting slump in November 2015. Other factors such as:
- Jeremy Lamb’s shooting coming back to earth (52% to 39% FG) while still not improving his defensive skills caused Coach Clifford not to trust him to close out games
- Lin’s 35pt explosion in 2 OT thriller against the Raptors in Nic Batum’s absence can only help the coaches to trust him to provide offensive bursts while providing excellent Pick-and-Roll defense that Coach Clifford repeatedly praised.
- JLin’s ability to play well with Kemba and Batum support the Hornets goal to make the case for Kemba Walker and Nic Batum to be sent to the All-Star game. Both have played heavy minutes, especially Kemba (41min in the past 7 games)
It’s good to observe JLin has found the niche as a Hornet in this 2015-16 season:
- a supporting role as backup PG/SG in a winning team who plays in a relatively unselfish PnR team (compared to his previous 2 teams)
- learned to improve his defensive skill to be a shutdown defender that will only enhance his skillset to play in any NBA teams
It’s important to note that JLin is fulfilling the role that Hornets established in Lin’s essentially 1 yr contract to test the market afterwards. It’s a win-win scenario for JLin and the Hornets for this season. He can help the Hornets win in a supporting role while improving his stats and his market value for a new salary cap in 2016-2017 season.
Noone knows the future beyond 2015-16 but we can hope JLin helping the Hornets winning and advance deep in the playoff. Winning will open up a lot of possibilities. Let’s go, JLin!