G25 TOR @CHA Game Thread
After 3-days break, the Hornets came out flat and was completely outmatched against a hot-shooting Magic (56% FGM & even higher 58% 3FGM).
- JLin valiantly tried to wake up his teammates who blew his assists with missed layups and putback. Jeremy played well in the 1st half with 7pts/2asts (3-5 shooting, 1-2 3pt shooting, one was a late one with 3 seconds left in the 2nd quarter) but had 1pts/2asts (0-4 shooting, 1/2 FTM) as he continued to play with hustle and defensive energy absorbing hits (elbows to the face to draw charge, collision with Oladipo in fighting for rebound).
- His defense on Payton and Oladipo were tremendous but he’s only one person; Hornets teammates did not rotate well as the Magic hit 14-24 3pt shots.
- The trend continued with JLin scoring well in the 1st half but cooled down in the 2nd half, possibly due to expending so much energy playing shutdown defense; alternating between chasing players and sliding to the middle to provide help defense.
- It’s notable that Coach Clifford tried to start JLin with the starters in the 3rd quarter in attempt to spark the starters to play well but it didn’t work.
Hornets vs Raptors Matchup
- Will the Hornets come out to play on the 2nd game in back-to-back?
- Charlotte is 2-1 in the second of back-to-backs, though the lone loss came with Saturday’s 98-93 defeat against Boston. The Hornets are 10-4 at Time Warner Cable Arena, but they have split their last six games there. Raptors just blew a huge lead to lose against the Pacers.
- They still miss 2 starters ( DeMarre Carroll and Jonas Valanciunas) but have Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan who play very well.
Let’s go, JLin! Let’s continue to shoot at least 8FG & 4 FT attempts. Relax, be your aggressive self & just play your game on matter what happens
- http://www.ballstreams.com (requires donation + referral/invite)