G13 PHI @CHA Observation & Notes
In Jeremy Lin’s surprising 1st start of the season, Jeremy finished with 9pts/2asts/3rebs in 29 min.
- It was a mixed performance since Jeremy energized the starters in the 1st half as an SG but did not have as many chances to be the playmaker as he shared the ball with Batum and Kemba to initiate offense. It’s understandable as they continue to learn to play together to develop chemistry.
- Unfortunately, Coach Clifford also experimented with having Brian Roberts to play as a PG in the 2nd unit but he was not able to direct the offense. The ball movement was not as fluid as Jeremy Lamb, Hawes, Roberts would be too quick to pull the trigger. Perhaps it was due to multiple changing lineups that Coach was eager to try vs. the winless 76ers.
- 76ers as a team kept shooting themselves on the foot with 17TOs so they were not a threat to make this into a competitive game.
- JLin 3pt shooting stroke seemed back to his good preseason form so it’s a great progress as Hornets finished their 2nd of 7 game long home-stand. There will be 2 days before the next game vs Rondo/Cousins with the Kings on Monday so JLin would definitely benefit from extra practices to regain his excellent preseason shooting form.
- Lin would also need to be careful with not over-helping on team defense as he left 6’6″ Nik Stauskas too open to drain 3 threes. With tall SGs, it’s harder for JLin to run back to challenge them with 3pt shots.
A win is a win as the Hornets has 7-6 record. It remains to be seen if Coach Clifford will continue to experiment with JLin at the starting lineup when Hairston and Zeller are back from injuries. One thing JLin has to do is to remain aggressive by being a playmaker or PG role; what makes it complicated is when Coach Clifford set up a game plan for him to be the SG. In the long term, Coach Clifford will certainly recognize JLin can contribute the best with the ball in his hands. JLin also made a great, well-timed block as he continued to showcase his great defense
Earlier today. JLin conducted a fun interview with WFNZ Radio
— g (@monkeyes2) November 20, 2015