G09 SAS @ LAL PreGame Thread
The Lakers is down 1-7 after 2 losses on the road where common patterns have developed:
- Kobe can’t help himself to shoot his team out of the game. Kobe’s shot average is 24.5/gm which is the highest in NBA surpassing the 2nd (19 FGA) by almost 30%
- weak defense by 2 big men (Hill and Boozer)
- weaker bench after Wayne Ellington was out indefinitely due to a family tragedy
Jeremy Lin came off 4 straight games averaging double-digit points (18,21,12,15) where he seemed to figure out his role with the starting unit to be the 2nd playmaker after Kobe. He was ready to shoot more with red-hot 3FG% (42.3% in the last 5 gms) and excellent Nash-like FT% (92.9% FT)
Jeremy is smart to be aggressive and assertive by taking enough shots to quiet the critics when he didn’t shoot enough but kept waiting for his teammates to pass to him more without forcing the issues.
How will Jeremy play against the Spurs, especially with Price being out with 1-game suspension?
- He probably will play more than his 32min/game average
- JLin knows how to play against the Spurs. (His avg last season was 12pts/6.7asts in 3 gms)
- Will Byron Scott stagger Lin’s minutes so he plays less with Kobe and more time with the 2nd unit in Price’s absence?
- Will Kobe shoot less than 27 FGA/gm to come closer to 20FGA when Lakers won their only game against the Hornets? We may hope but don’t bet any money on it.
We may not see JLin’s epic 38pt/7ast performance vs the Spurs in Dec 2012 where James Harden was absent but we can dream what JLin could do if he is the main playmaker in a few years
MEMBERS ONLY Vote (1 vote/member)