G09 SAS @ LAL PostGame Thread
So the Lakers lost again 80-93 to the Spurs where the bad interior defense by the big men was easily exploited by the Spurs well-oiled machine to give up easy points. That’s why the Lakers have been trailing quickly against any opponents in the 1st half. And yes, it included the Hornets that they beat in the 2nd half. Byron Scott is too slow to bench Boozer or Hill, probably in fear of losing their motivation. He should just give more min to Davis from anyone who’s more struggling on defense in any given night.
But let’s not dwell too much on the issues that JLin can’t control.
Let’s take a few positives from JLin performance (15pts/4asts/4rebs/1stl, 4-4FT with 3TOs/2PFs in 38 min):
- For the 5th straight game, Jeremy scored in double figures.
- And in the last 5 games, Jeremy is still in the 50-40-90 elite club with 50%FG, 43.8%3FG, 93.3%FT.
- For the season, he’s not quite there yet with 44-39-91 due to a slow start in 3 games but if he keeps playing well, he will raise the FG
- As Brent said if this was in HOU, Lin would only get 7pts since he wouldn’t get garbage time to improve his stats!
- Lin provided great defense on Parker in the 1st half by shadowing and challenging him so he had to pass to other Spurs who unfortunately scored easy points. I’m not sure what happened in 2nd half that I didn’t watch but I’m quite sure Parker only scored 2pts, 6 asts in the 1st half. Perhaps others can add more detail for the 2nd half
- Finally, 76ers lost 9 straight games so Lakers looked a bit better with 1-8
- Also, we get such a nice Purple Graphics from TWCSN which wouldn’t happen in Houston!
Good thing about LAL, Lin gets pts even when teams lost big….LOL he would be only 7 pt if in ROX
— Brent Yen (@BrentYen) November 15, 2014
— Librafree (@Librafree) November 15, 2014